Friday, April 17, 2015

SKINNY sleeping beauty

I was going to talk about the benefits of sleep regarding mental health and wellbeing. However, I currently do not have healthy sleep hygiene practices so yea...
I fall asleep every night with my iPod. The content of the podcasts i listen to at night weaves its way into my dreams. This disturbs me. I dream of the make-shift cemeteries along the trail(s) of Mount Everest. I dream of a man in a hand glider guiding some type of large white gang of birds to the birds' winter home. I also dream dreams that i forget by  the time i awake, yet i know they are affecting the quality of my sleep.
I want to sleep. I love the rare morning i wake up feeling rested.
I just can't break away from the "binkies" I've let into my bedtime routine.
I've done a sleep study with more sleep studies in my near future. I feel that I need to do my part to  get better rest.
I want to sleep better (more sleep = better sleep?) to improve my BMI, to help me feel calmer, and to make me remember things better.
I don't like silence. I suppose this is what talk therapy is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment