Saturday, January 31, 2015

Drop Weight or Drop Dead: 100 Days to a Healthier Self - How to Get out of Bed in the Morning

Drop Weight or Drop Dead: 100 Days to a Healthier Self - 

How to Get out of Bed in the Morning

As previously stated, I am not a morning person. I feel like myself sometime around lunchtime lol. My problem is that I am a creature of extremes - I either am running around crazy hyper or in slumber-sleep-for-20-hours mode. I would love more balance in my life. In the meantime, here is inspiration to get out of bed in the morning ("inspiration" beyond going to work and school) 
  • Trick myself into jumpstarting the day by going to the gym first thing in the morning/when I get up. I need routine in my life even if it makes me feel like I'm a boring person.
  • Figure out how to not create dishes to wash - household stuff takes way too much of my time and I use cleaning and stuff as an excuse to procrastinate writing papers, etc.
  • Stick to my ONLY new year's/annual resolution to show up. If I sign up, I show up. I will not flake. 
  • Drink lots of water - dehydration can cause fatigue
  • Get a hairstyle that is quick to style in the morning - I have way too much hair right now
  • Buy plant food for my money trees - nurturing things energizes me. I water my plants - duh - but they need TLC in NYC.
  • Bribery 
  • Cut back on TV, increase podcast listening
  • Cast aside fear of throwing things out - if there's no room, there's no room.
  • Take makeup styling classes to improve my makeup technique - I take way too long to put on basic makeup
  • Treat myself with kindness - negativity is exhausting 


No comments:

Post a Comment